Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Stare Down" at the Grocery Store

So I went into the grocery store today and there was this man I noticed staring at me out of the corner of my eye. I quickly glanced at him and smiled. No response. I thought that was very unusual and I began to evaluate the situation. Was this a good or a bad stare? At this point, it really didn’t matter because I felt very uncomfortable and just wanted him to disappear. I tried to ignore him, but I could feel the heat of his intense glare. I thought to myself ‘okay, just stare back at him and maybe he will get the message’. So, I began the stare down. My eyes locked onto his, and I gave him this look as if to say ‘stop invading my space, you creep’! I tried to hold this position for as long as I could but it was obvious that he wasn’t going to budge. My mind began to worry about being followed home, or being attacked right then and there! It was over. I lost. I just walked away shaking my head in disgust. Of course this whole scene only lasted a minute or so, but it felt as if it would never end. I tried to go about my shopping, but ended up only getting about half of the things on my list. This was one of the strangest encounters I’ve ever had. You can bet I’ll be avoiding men for awhile.

DINNER TONIGHT:

Carne Guisada – allrecipes.com This is one of Ryan’s favorites. I make this in the crock pot and serve over rice. 5 out of 5 stars!

Black Beans – I like to make a big pot of beans and use them in several meals.

Cabbage Salad – A very typical Costa Rican side dish.

Flour Tortillas

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have had this it is excellent

Post a Comment