Monday, February 22, 2010

A Special Rose



This photo was taken in San Gerardo over the weekend. Every time I see a special rose, I think of my grandmother, Mumsy. I have such wonderful memories of going to Tyler to visit her. We would always make time to go out and look at all the beautiful flowers in bloom. Now, her loving spirit surrounds me every day in all the beauty I see.

FOR DINNER TONIGHT:

Bacon Pie – allrecipes.com; This is a good standby when you find yourself a little unprepared for dinner. It’s great because you can add or omit ingredients according to what you have in the fridge. I like to use whole wheat baking mix, and add fresh spinach. 4 ½ out of 5 stars.

Green Fruit Salad – We love to add fruit and nuts to our green salad. I usually use romaine lettuce and add green apple and walnuts; pineapple and strawberry work well too! If you like a sweet and savory combination, add a little green onion and your favorite cheese.

For the dressing, I usually mix up brown sugar, mayonnaise (or plain yogurt), and red wine vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment