Thursday, March 11, 2010

La Feria



Every Thursday there is a farmer’s market, or FERIA in town. I look forward to this event every week. I love the colorful mounds of fresh produce for as far as I can see. I always visit the organic section to stock up on greens and herbs, and usually pick up a bottle of fresh honey. I also look forward to needing cocoa powder, which is handpicked from the pod, sun dried, and finely ground. There are also vendors selling a variety of local food, fresh squeezed orange juice, Amish baked goods, cheeses, handcrafted artisan items, homemade blackberry wine, and fresh flowers. With everything at such a good price, I always end up getting more than I can carry.




FOR DINNER TONIGHT:

Chinese Chicken and Noodle Salad – 5 out of 5 stars! This is an excellent dish for when you are in need of a light and healthy dinner. I recommend making extra dressing to serve alongside.

No comments:

Post a Comment