Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mosaic Tile Project

After staring at this blank floor for months and not sure how to begin, Ryan finally just started drawing one day. This is what he came up with.


The first step was to form the inner black star. It was fun breaking all that tile!


FINALLY! The first phase was over. This was so time consuming and downright painful. My back has never ached so severely, and I had numbness in my fingertips for weeks!


The next step was all of the grey fill-in. I was hoping this would be easier since the pieces were bigger, but there was so much more area to cover.


All finished but the center. We wanted to use something different, and had to wait until we came across just the right thing.


……and the finished project! I am pleased with the end result. This is one of my favorite places in the house to be.

1 comment:

TJ said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Post a Comment